Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Obsession with Peacocks

I have to confess to you I have a new obsession, and it is cross stitched peacocks!!!  I prefer the folksy, primitive look to the realistic pieces that are out there.  I have yet to start on one but do have several peacock cross stitch charts sitting in my stash that I would love to share with you!!  The first is called "Peacock Alphabet", by Just Nan.  It will be done on cream linen with DMC and Gentle Art Sampler Threads and embellished with gorgeous peacock charm and little beads.
  

I found this one on Ebay when I did a counted cross stitch peacock search.  Nancy Turner is a new designer and I have not heard of her before.  She sent me this beautiful pattern complete with her very own threads that she dyes herself.  I just can't wait to start this one.  The threads she included are just beautiful.

This chart is a newer one from Plum Street Samplers.  I am going to stitch it using DMC and put it on 36 ct light linen .  I just adore the couple of peacocks in this piece.

Another find from Ebay from Nancy Turner.  This one did not come with her threads but with DMC colors.  I can't wait to stitch up this darling family of five!!

This kit I found at the Black Cat Stitchery (which is the local cross stitch store that I support).  I saw it pictured in Just Cross Stitch advertisements and new I had to have it.  This was my first peacock pattern that I added to my stash a few months back.  It is calling my name.

Here is my last little Peacock chart that I also found on Ebay last week.  It is simple, cute, and should stitch up quickly.

I couldn't help but add a picture I took today from my desk as I blog.  The little redheaded chickadee was so pretty sitting on the branch outside my window.  We had a huge snow storm a few days back and today the sun is out and the snow is melting!!

Lastly, I couldn't resist showing you some fun little additions to my finishing stash that believe it or not I found on clearance at Walmart.  I love the spring like colors!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a lovely collection of Peacock patterns you have, nice finishing materials very springy and we do need Spring. Thank you for sharing you collection

    ReplyDelete