Monday, June 17, 2013

Gifts Made for My Dad and Another Exchange

 I made this rustic hanging for my Dad for Father's Day.  He really loved it and is going to hang it up in his cottage upnorth.  It is from The Prairie Home Schooler and is Book No. 46 --In The Woods.  I stitched it using DMC and made it on aida that was overdyed...so it has a antique kind of look to it.  I finished the back with North Woods material and added a stick from a tree in the yard to hang it on with twine.  I am really pleased that he liked it so much.
I made this lovely ornament pillow for the HOE pick your own Christmas design round.  This is "Christmas Crow, Sheep, and Star by Deanna Carter Designs from Country Crow Series.  I stitched in on an overdyed evenweave using DMC.  I added 2 buttons to the top corners, calico material to the back, and twine tied to the buttons so it can be hung.  I hope my partner likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment